TENNESSEE HANGUN CARRY PERMIT CLASSES:
Level I Handgun:
Basic Pistol &
Tennessee Carry Permit (CCW) Class
GOAL:To develop the knowledge, skills, and GOOD attitude for the safe and legal use of firearms following the Tennessee Carry Permit course first with HGR Firearms Instructors
. This Basic course has 2 options.
The Regular class is an introduction to safe firearms bullseye marksmanship. Our basic class incorporates HANDS ON TRAINING. You handle, load, unload, and shoot modern revolvers, western revolvers, and semi-automatic handguns.
During class you will handle each one, load and unload them, to get familiar with what you like. These are NOT for sale. There are guns available to rent at the range if you don't own one. Rent one to see how you like it.
You are issued the HGR Firearms Student Supplemental Handout (over 64 pages of useful information $5 value) to keep. Then we focus on your gun and guide you in safe operations with your gun in this comprehensive Tennessee Carry Permit Class. BRING YOUR OWNERS MANUAL TO CLASS. ** More training is possible with KnoxTactical, just read on below.
8-9 Hours: Includes 4 hours of classroom time (Basics of Marksmanship, Legal Aspects, Cleaning, Storage, Safety Rules and Guide-lines. If you do not own a handgun, do not buy one until you complete the class. Your investment here
includes training on the Modern Revolvers, Western revolvers, and semi-Automatics which we allow you to hold and operate a variety of guns, some with Laser Sights are introduced to you as well so you can see the advantages and disadvantages to laser sights.
Since HGR does NOT SELL GUNS, we tell you the truth about junk. We sell
education, not "material goods based on a commission". Our experiences are taken from real life experiences, hands on training, and advanced training. We transfer that knowledge to you, first hand, so you may protect yourself and your family in the future. Advanced training is available is available with KnoxTactical.
SAFETY ON THE RANGE: You will be handling loaded guns that can KILL. If you handle the gun unsafely (ie. turn with it loaded and "sweep" or point it at anyone, you maybe expelled from the range and the class, NO REFUND IF THIS HAPPENS. This is serious business, and if you think about how you would feel with a loaded gun pointed at you (especially if it's cocked with finger on the trigger) .. then you know.
Ammo: You will need 100 rounds for the firearm with which you wish to qualify. You may purchase ammo from the range when you decide what gun use. Gun rental is available from the ranges we use. 50 is for the State Course of Fire, 50 to practice with.
Class Size: 20 Maximum
to give you a better instructor / student ratio not offered by other schools.
Successful completion of this HGR course qualifies you for Intermediate, and then Advanced Training with www.KnoxTactical.com
, where you will learn how to draw and shoot, move and shoot, speed drills, defense strategy, and much more than any other schools offer. It is strongly recommended the student completes the next two levels of Intermediate as a minimum Training Course. KnoxTactical has 15 levels of Pistol Training available.
This Basic course qualifies you for the advanced pistol classes whether it's NRA or KnoxTactical.
BY STATE LAW IN THIS BASIC CARRY PERMIT CLASS WE CANNOT TEACH YOU THE FOLLOWING (we can teach it later in KnoxTactical).
1) HOW TO DRAW FROM A HOLSTER OR PURSE.
2) HOW TO SPEED SHOOT With tactical targets.
3) HOW TO SPEED RELOAD.
4) HOW TO SHOOT FROM MOVING, PRONE, BARRICADE,
KNEELING, SITTING, FROM YOUR CAR, ETC.
5) HOW TO DEFEND YOUR HOME OR YOURSELF ON THE STREET.
Qualifications That Must Be Met Before Applying for a Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit:
- EFFECTIVE APRIL 1, 2013: New target is the B29 Minature Target, (1/5th the size of the old one), 50 rounds of ammo, 20 rounds at 9 ft and 15 ft, then 10 rounds at 21 feet. Must be inside the human silhouette to count, 70% minimum passing score.
- Pay attention, use the practice session with your instructor.
- Effective July 1, 2005, all handgun permit applicants seeking a new permit must provide proof of U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residency.
- Effective July 1, 2005, Tennessee handgun carry permit law will now allow certain applicants already exempt from complying with firing range provisions of the current statute to also be exempt from any classroom requirements. Those current exceptions are applicants who prove to the department that within five (5) years from the date of application for handgun permit, the applicant has:
- Been certified by the police officer's standards and training commission, or
- successfully completed training at the law enforcement training academy; or
- successfully completed the firearms training course required for armed security guards; or
- successfully completed all handgun training of not less than four (4) hours as required by any branch of the military.
- Applicants are required to be a resident of the State of Tennessee;
- Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age;
- Applicants shall not have been convicted of any felony offense punishable for a term exceeding one (1) year;
- Applicants shall not currently be under indictment or information for any criminal offense punishable by a term exceeding one (1) year;
- Shall not be currently the subject of any order of protection;
- Shall not be a fugitive from justice;
- Shall not be an unlawful user of or addicted to alcohol or any controlled substance and the applicant has not been a patient in a rehabilitation program or hospitalized for alcohol or controlled substance abuse or addiction within ten (10) years from the date of application;
- The applicant has not been convicted of the offense of driving under the influence of an intoxicant in this or any other State two (2) or more times within ten (10) years from the date of application and that none of such convictions has occurred within five (5) years from the date of application or renewal.
- Shall not have been adjudicated as mental defective; has not been committed to or hospitalized in a mental institution; has not had a court appoint a conservator for the applicant by reason of a mental defect; has not been judicially determined to be disabled by reason of a mental illness, development disability or other mental incapacity; and has not, within seven (7) years from the date of application, been found by a court to pose an immediate substantial likelihood of serious harm, as defined in Title 33, Chapter 6, Part 5, because of mental illness;
- Shall not be an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United States;
- Shall not have been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions (dishonorable discharge, bad conduct discharge or a dismissal; Chapter 1340-2-4-.02 (5);
- Having been a citizen of the United States, applicants shall not have renounced their citizenship;
- Shall not have been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence as defined in 18 U.S.C.A. 921 (33);
- Shall not be receiving social security disability benefits by reason of alcohol dependence, drug dependence or mental disability;
- Shall not have been convicted of the offense of stalking;
Requirements for Obtaining a Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit
- Applicant shall submit proof of the successful completion of a department approved Handgun Safety Course within the past six (6) months. Call (615) 251-8590 to find out more information on handgun schools, locations and contact information.
- Provide CERTIFIED PROOF of U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residency (no photocopies).
- Submit application at any full service Driver License Service Center location.
- Applicant is required to present a photo ID to the department at the time of filing the application.
- Pay $115 non-refundable application fee payable by cash, certified check, or money order.
- When the application is processed at the driver service center, the applicant will be given instructions on being fingerprinted.
- Incomplete applications cannot be processed.
- FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
BUT WE OFFER ADDITIONAL TRAINING WITH
KnoxTactical Will teach that and much more with 15 levels of additional handgun training!!!
KNOX TACTICAL Pistol Level 1 & 2 will be scheduled in ON DEMAND. There 2 classes are designed to make you a better shooter by teaching you how to draw, how to hit the target faster, and more accurate. Each level is $100 and 4 hours long.
ENROLL by calling and reserving your slot. I will link you to PAYPAL for confirmation.
Typical Class at HGR Firearms.
Small and Personal for best results.
Our Prayers to Mr. Lynch who had a serious accident. Speed Recovery Sir.